September 20, 2009

Alright Folks, Here is the Dealio.

I know, I know. I lied. All five people that read this blog can be upset over it and I am sorry. I know I said I was going to post stuff while I was gone, but seriously- the internet situation was crazy and I really only had time to email. Hopefully you got to read the couple emails I sent out, if not, I'll fill you in. Europe was incredible. I can't believe it's over and I'm back in Logan, starting my Junior year of college (I feel old).

Anyway, it was an amazing experience and I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to go and do something like that. I made some dear friends, some that I will be friends with for a long time I'm sure. I also learned SO much. I missed people very dearly. I got VERY homesick. I was lonely at times. BUT I saw incredible things. Ate some really great food. Experienced a few different cultures. Went completely out of my comfort zone. And rode on a lot of trains, ferries, airplanes, buses, metros, etc. It was an adventure. Every single day. I loved it though. I wouldn't take it back for anything. I laughed a lot too and that was important. It was definitely somewhere I was supposed to be at that time of my life and I'm glad I went.

Onto the new things...

I'm back at Utah State. I love it here. Cache Valley has become home to me. It's a beautiful valley with so much cool things! It's a lot of fun and I like being a student here. I've made some great friends, had a lot of fun and gotten a great education. I've been opened to a lot of new ideas and ways of life that have made me grateful for my own life and my family. I was raised in an incredible family! I am so grateful for them and their continuing love and support. They're the greatest! Being here has really confirmed where I need to be in my life. Right here. Mentally, emotionally, physically-- just altogether, right here.

Life is crazy. I know a few of my posts are just about how crazy it is and how I'm so blessed and happy, etc. etc. But I can't help it! It's the truth. I'm amazed every single day at the way things have turned out. Not what I expected at all. Oh and I'm SO glad about that.

Life is good. I AM happy. I AM incredibly blessed. I am who I am for a reason. Even though I get frustrated with myself, I wouldn't change who I am and what I've been through and learned for anything. It has shaped who I am and I wouldn't say I'm too shabby of a person. I'm happy. That is the important thing. How grateful I am for so many things. I could go on and on. Maybe when Thanksgiving rolls around, I will. But mostly just to be alive, where I am, what I am doing and who I am with in my life. It's all the best! I love it. I love life! I hope you do too. Everyone should. Nothing should stop you from rejoicing for being alive, because it's an amazing feeling.

:) The end. Life is good. I am happy. I am going to start being a good blogger. (maybe)!

No comments: