September 28, 2009

Fantastic Fall and Sunset Hikes

Dear Blog-reader(s),

I love this time of year. I want to go on many more as the leaves change and fall really sets in. This is a beautiful time of year! If school didn't consume my life, I would love it even more. But fall is still one of my favorite seasons for a few reasons.

1. The leaves. Of course. They are beautiful, so many colors! I love it. I don't know how I could really live somewhere that didn't have fall leaves. I enjoy them THAT much.

2. Sweaters, scarves and tights. I love dressing for fall. During the winter, anything you wear is covered by big winter coats (usually more than one, when you live in cache valley). But fall- ah! The air is crisp enough to start pulling out the sweaters and tights and scarves. I really enjoy these three clothing items. I wish I had more, but I definitely have enough. :)
3. Halloween. I LOVE holidays. The fall is the beginning of the Holiday Season, I would say. Halloween is SO fun! I love it. I love scary movies, carving pumpkins, haunted houses, halloween candy, mom's homemade chili, dressing up like you're dead or anything else and wearing black and orange in October- period. It is great! I am excited, but need costume ideas...

4. I've always enjoyed the changing leaves, the crisp fall air, the Halloween holiday festivities, the fall clothing, etc. But I love fall even more now that I live in Cache Valley. There is a certain feel to it, but it just seems perfect. Logan in the Fall. It's like, Paris in the Spring. Same ring to it. I am so glad I've got to be here the past 3 falls and I can't wait to spend many more here.

5. Last, but not least, are hikes in the Fall. It's the perfect temperature and I don't think nature ever looks as beautiful as it does during a season change. It's right before everything looks dead and it's as pretty as can be. The other night, Tyson and I went on a sunset hike along the Bonneville Shoreline up Logan Canyon. It was fairly easy and very pretty! You got a beautiful feel of the canyon, but a view of the valley as well. Here are a few pictures, because yes, I made us stop for like an hour and have a little photo-shoot. I love these pictures! I can't wait for our next fall hike. I'm sure there will be another post about it.

Happy Fall everyone! Enjoy it. :)










The end.

With love,

Katie

No comments: