November 6, 2009

November=Gratitude

Do you ever have those days when your mind just races and races? About dumb things.
Things that don't really matter.
Things that are out of your control.
Things that really are just distractions from your happiness.

I know I do.

So tonight, after a day where my mind has been racing, I am filled with gratitude.

I am surrounded by beautiful things. Beautiful people. And beautiful blessings.

I really can't help but be grateful. Especially with Thanksgiving coming up this month.
I don't want to just be grateful for one day. I want to be grateful for the WHOLE month.
So my goal is to post something almost every day {because I'm oh so interesting and have so much to say} and I want to include something I am grateful for.

There are a ridiculous amount of things I am grateful for. But today, it will be something basic and broad, but very important.

I am grateful for life. I am grateful I have the opportunity to live the way I do. To breath fresh air each day. To live healthily. And to live happily. I am extremely blessed!
I am also wonderfully happy. If that's even a phrase. I just made it one, if not.
There is so much goodness out there. Grab it, hold onto it- especially during those times you feel it slipping out. Grip it with all your might. Because nothing can stop you from being your happy self. You, being completely happy and being completely yourself.
What could be better? Nada.
I have this quote that I like to remind myself of frequently. It always applies and it always makes me hopeful, no matter how I am feeling.
I suppose I'll share it.

"Life is hard, but life is simple. Get on the path and never, ever give up. You never give up. You just keep on going. You don’t quit, and you will make it.

There is only one way to happiness and fulfillment. Jesus Christ is the Way. Every other way, any other way, whatever other way is foolishness."- Elder Corbridge

Life. It's beautiful. I have a great one. It's so good. I am grateful.

Happy November {month of gratitude}. Actually, I guess every month should be one filled with gratitude. BUT you know what I mean. :)

This is happiness.
I love life!
:)

3 comments:

McKell said...

Katie you are amazing! I love that quote thanks for sharing.

McKell&Janeene said...

That was really Janeene...

Heather said...

ok. how do you expect me to be a blogger when i have to follow your footsteps. hello ms. creative! haha i love you