November 18, 2009

Gelato and the Gospel


This is what I've been missing lately....

Gelato. From ITALIA.
The one and only best place to get the real deal gelato.

I am grateful I got to experience gelato from it's roots. Not only gelato and not only being able to experience Italy, but also, Greece, Switzerland and France. This summer was amazing. It was hecka hard somedays {believe it or not}, but it was sooo worth it.

This weekend I did some reflecting on my European adventures a couple of different times.
It was an incredible experience for me. I know I've blogged about it a time or two, but it really was SO amazing.

This Sunday we were talking about Modern Day Revelation in Sunday School. We got on the topic of the church being the same every where in the world. I wanted to share, but I never did.
This is what I wanted to share:

I know for myself how true that is. The gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the same all around the world. I never really knew how much that meant to me until I was in a foreign country with people I didn't know too well, away from loved ones and home. Although I became more familiar with the places I spent my time and the people I was with, Sundays were always the best days in Europe. They were a safe haven for me. They brought peace and familiarity into my life! They made me realize that although the people sitting in those Sacrament meetings spoke other languages and lived in an entirely different culture, they were children of God. They were members of the church, just like me. It was so comforting. They were so loving too! And took great care of us.
I felt just what I needed to feel while I was gone on Sundays. At church. The gospel is the same, no matter what you are. And it's perfection. I love it. With all my heart. My testimony grew immensely while I was gone! I encourage anyone to experience the world outside their comfort zone, in any way. It will truly help you see what you have and realize how much gratitude feels your heart! I know that's what this experience did for me.

So, today, I am grateful for peace, and being able to find it around the globe worldwide through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is TRUTH. I know that. It brings many blessings. You just gotta live it. And when you do, you will love it.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Katie! I love you. and I love your gratitude posts. Thanks for always being such an example to me! I love you girl!!!!