November 12, 2009

The Little (and not-so-little) Ones!

I know today I should be grateful for all the moisture.
But truth be told, I'm not. I'm actually a little bit reverse grateful (ungrateful, I guess would be the proper term) for this weather. Snow is yuck. I like it for a limited number of things:

- Christmas time. You have to have snow falling on Christmas Eve and a large blanket of white snow outside on Christmas day. You just have to. It completes Christmas. (Which I love so so much).
- Sledding. I do love to sled, so the snow is acceptable for this activity. Mostly because you have to have snow to sled. If there was any other way, I'd probably consider it.
-Snowboarding. I'm a beginner when it comes to this, but last winter I started to really learn how to snowboard by taking a class. I didn't know I would fall so in love with it, but I did. It put me on this adrenaline rush like nothing ever has! It was incredible. I am excited to see how much I suck this season since I'm definitely out of practice. :)

- Honestly, that's all I can think of. So without further ado, I'll right this note and end this topic.

Dear Snow,

I do not like you. You might be pretty sometimes and required for some things, but you are cold and get dirty and stay for far too long.

Sincerely,

Katie

Okay. Now I better show some gratitude and love for the beautiful things in this world.
Today's gratitude post will be on...

Nieces and Nephews.
This might seem kind of broad, but I am SO grateful for those little rascals.
I love my nieces and nephews quite a lot. They are not only ADORABLE, but also quite hilarious. I can't believe how old they are getting. I love that I've been able to see them from birth to where they are at in their lives right now. They really are the cutest kids around and I love them so much. I'm kind of obsessed. Just slap that on my obsessions list.

As well as my original nieces and nephews, I'm inheriting 9 new ones. I can't wait.
I thought the cutest kids on the earth were already discovered, but then I realized I was missing out on 9 of the OTHER cutest kids on earth. I'm so blessed to be getting such great in-laws with such cute kids! I love them too.

My nieces and nephews really like Tyson. They've already dubbed him in as the other favorite uncle, along with Brandon (since there are SO many other uncles on that side. :) Just kidding. These guys are great and they'd be the favs no matter what).

Anyway. I don't have pictures of ALL the nieces and nephews, but I will post what I do have.
(Sorry Casselman's and Baby Easton!)

I love these kids. They are great. They are funny! And they bring such liveliness and joy to my life. I think they help me maintain my kid-like attributes. They're so fun! And so full of love.
I love them! My (almost) 16 (2 on the way) nieces and nephews rock.
They're the best ever.

And here they are....

Ryan
Emma Lou
Joshy
Clairey
Baby Lauren
Isabel
Brooklyn
Baby Hunter
Parker and Alana (and Tyson, one of the kids too:)!)
Missing: Connor, Chase, Abby, Easton, Baby Spence and Baby Henrie!
I'll get on that, as best I can. :)

3 comments:

Heather said...

alright dear. I'm stealing your gratitude idea. :)

McKell&Janeene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blair and Tianne said...

I love it! You are so amazing and we are blessed to have you as an addition to our family. I know that the kids love you even more that you love them. Tyson is lucky to have you!