November 2, 2009

When I Grow Up...

Princess. Dancer. Diva. Singer. Teenager. College student. Mom.

I'm pretty sure I wanted to be all of these things (and maybe more) when I was little.
I'd say that a couple are still true.
I still want to be a mom.
I AM a college student.
And being a diva might be the best job yet. Too bad the major isn't offered at Utah State.

But really. I still aspire to be some things. Of course this HAS to complicate my life and my major choice and make me think about it over and over again.

THIS is what I want to be:

A Wife. I already know this one will come true. March 12, 2010. My big day with my best friend, Tyson Scott. We're pretty excited. (Stay tuned for the engagement story and pictures).
I am just excited to cook meals for Tyson. I am excited to do our laundry together. I am excited to go to bed at 10:30 if I please. I am excited to start preparing for a family together and to just LIVE our lives together. It'll be amazing!

A Momma. Oh. Man. I am SO excited to be a mom. Not SO excited that I will be one anytime soon. I still need a few years.... but when the times does come, I will be excited and hopefully ready! I can't even fathom how beautiful it will be to be a mother. I hope I am a good one too! I love kids. I'm kind of a kid sometimes myself. This is good, because we can just play together and have so much fun all the time. Of course there will be long nights of crying children, scraped knees and not so fun times. BUT you've got to have the bad with the good. So you can fully appreciate the good and how rich and beautiful it is. That's just how life is! I could go on and on about being a mom and my excitement, but I will move on.

A Photographer. This is my absolute dream job. This might be the one that is holding me back from being so sure of my current major. It constantly is on my mind. I see things or places and I automatically think "That would be such a good place to photograph a senior for senior pictures!" Or "I have GOT to come back to this spot and take a picture of those sunflowers, they're just gorgeous." Beautiful things need to be captured! More importantly, REAL, beautiful things. That's why I want to be a Lifestyle Photographer so much. I took a class this last month that taught me more about how to use my camera and it has completely inspired me. This one is going to take some serious work and money, but I WILL get there. Just because I've never been so motivated when it comes to a career.

I just want to be kind to everyone. No matter who they are. No matter how they've influenced my life. I just want to be friends with everyone. The past is the past. I want to be known and remembered as a good, kind person. This one might be on my mind even more than photography. I'm pretty self-conscious when it comes to what people think of me. Mostly because, well, I don't know what they think of me! But I want them to think good of me. As far as I can control, that is. I'm working on this.

Altogether. These are my dreams. I don't care about dancing or singing. I don't care about materialism. I care about the people I love. I care about making a difference. I care about living life to it's fullest and capturing all the beauty I can, anyway that I can. Life is good. Life is wonderful. I am blessed! Always. I can't wait for the future. I hope some of these dreams come true and I can be all I hope to be!

{Of course this doesn't mean those of you who still aspire to be a diva shouldn't want that. Go for the gold! Fulfill those dreams. Anything is possible!}

No comments: